Google+ Little Bird: Interview with Pretty Little Charms UK

Monday 13 February 2012

Interview with Pretty Little Charms UK

From my brother for Christmas I received a beautiful necklace that I have barely taken off.
It is this 'Mockingjay' necklace, inspired by the Hunger Games books (yep, I've mentioned them again.. Sorry...).






Anyway, I love unusual jewellery, especially pieces which you would not find easilly. I decided to check out the sellers Etsy store and she has so many other wonderful pieces of jewellery. What I love about them is that they are inspired by literature. You can wear your own precious piece of your favourite book anytime. Lovely :)

I got in contact with business owner Leigh and asked if she would be like to be a feature on my blog; since I love her stuff so much I thought I would show you too. She agreed and here it is, just a little insight into Pretty Little Charms UK:




Tell me a little bit about your business...

Pretty Little Charms UK began on Etsy in June 2011 but I've been making jewellery for years. The online shop happened by chance when my boyfriend was moved to Spain for work and I decided to quit my graduate job to go with him. I started listing items on Etsy and the response has been great - apparently there are lots of other people who like jewellery inspired by books too :)



What made you want to start jewellery making?

 was into every kind of 'craft' imaginable from a young age but eventually I discovered jewellery making and that's the one that really stuck - I liked creating and wearing unique pieces and for years have created jewellery inspired by my favourite literature.



 How much time do you dedicate to making your pieces or is it just a hobby?

I spend far too long making jewellery! It's a hobby and now my full-time job so I spend about 12 hours a day 7 days a week making jewellery, working on the Etsy shop and making trips to the post office.



You are inspired by books, what's your favourite book of all time?
My favourite book of all time is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I love all the Harry Potter books but that one is my favourite. My favourite recent book is The Hunger Games and I can't wait for the premier next month!


And on a random note, 5 things you couldnt live without?

1- My books (Particularly Harry Potter and Hunger Games!)
2- My boyfriend (who cooks for me when I'm too busy to move from my workroom) 
3- My jewellery making supplies (I don't know what I'd do all day without them)
4- My iMac (Despite how much I use it, and despite it being two years old it still works perfectly)
5- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (I just love them!)


I love her work, and if you do too, check out her Etsy store http://www.etsy.com/shop/PrettyLittleCharmsUK for more beautiful jewellery inspired by books!

H xx

My song of today is the John Butler Trio with 'Better Than'. Just because I love it and it makes me happy :)





2 comments :

  1. So pretty! I love the Harry Potter ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe I know! I literally want all the Hunger Games ones!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something...